Sidor

Saturday, November 5, 2011

I read: Sing it!



images from the book Sjung den!
Original title: Sjung den!

Author: Sara Hallström

Illustrator: Vanja Larberg

Why I read it: Because the idea of an architect (Vanja Larberg) spending one day per week just painting and making art, and now the illustrations for this book, inspired me a lot.

What I loved about it: That it's a very poetic book for children taking place in an urban setting and how the watercolor illustrations come to live as they swirl over the pages. And the postman's letters!

What I learned: That art in its many forms bring a lot of joy to the ones performing it as well as the ones experiencing it. I want to paint things!

Here you can read a review of this book if you want to. And here is another one. Both in swedish.


No comments:

Post a Comment